Thursday, February 02, 2006

Cherone, West 8 Five, Drum Clinic

Para leer esto en español baje!!

2005 was a great year (let´s not count Arsenal´s season so far)... I know we are already in February and I should have reflected on this a few weeks or even months ago, but I guess now I have thought about things better and I have a better understanding. The purpose of this post is to give an update on a few projects and experiences I have lived pretty much on the latter half of 2005.

I have the great honor and priviledge to say that I have been collaborating with one of my childhood idols and most influential musical personalities: Gary Cherone. One of the most talented and versatile singers the world of rock has ever seen. He´s a Legend and I feel truly blessed to be a part of his music. You might remember him from Extreme, Van Halen, The Freddy Mercury Tribute, Tribe of Judah, etc... I played percussion in his group in a couple of performances and I hope this relationship continues to grow. Working with such a talent alone is great, but add to that the best musicians I have worked with. Leo Mellace on guitar, Steve Catizone on keys, Webster Roach on Bass and Charlie Hayes on drums. The best part is how humble, honest and warm these people are, all their fame and success has NOT molded them. This new direction Gary is taking is fantastic, fresh and most of all its honest, what else do you need?? www.cherone.com and www.myspace.com/garycherone

Thanks to Leo and Steve I had the chance to hook up with another incredible group of musicians. I am talking about the NYC band West 8 Five. I can go on and on about how great the music is, how professional these guys are and how much fun playing their music is, but more than anything they are great people. Sometimes you meet people for a day and you feel like you´ve known them forever. Adam, Felipe and Jeremy are great people and I feel lucky to be a part of this amazing proyect. The CD has been finished and will be available soon. I only recorded 3 o 4 songs, percussion as well. Check out www.west8five.com and www.myspace.com/west8five to listen to the tunes.

Lastly, i am happy to mention that my very first drum clinic was great! I was thrilled to see so many friends and people in general. It was held at Universidad Metropolitana which is one of the biggest colleges in the country (Venezuela). I owe thanks to a great musician and friend Ruben Garcia, one of the great great talents of my country, and Patricia and everyone at the Direccion de Cultura department. Check out the pics on the gallery section!! Video to Follow!




--------------------------------------------



2005 fue un gran año (no voy a comentar sobre la temporar del arsenal)...Se que ya es Febrero y quizas debi haber comentado sobre el cierre del año hace varias semanas pero las cosas pasan por algo y quizas ahora tengo una mejor perspectiva. Con este blog quiero informarles sobre algunos proyectos y cosas que he vivido en la segunda mitad del 2005.

Tengo el gran honor y privilegio de pode decir que he estado colaborando con uno de mis idolos de infancia e influencias musicales más relevantes de mi vida: Gary Cherone. Sin duda uno de los cantantes mas versatiles y talentosos que el mundo del rock ha tenido. Es una leyenda y en verdad no tengo palabras para expresar lo afortunado que me siento. Si el nombre no les suena quizas los grupos Extreme, Van Halen, Tribe of Judah si lo hagan , o el tributo a Freddy Mercury entre otras mil cosas que ha hecho. Actualmente estoy tocando percusión en su grupo de solista. Gary no es el único musicazo. Leo Mellace en la guitarra, Steve Catizone en el teclado, Webster Roach en el Bajo y Charlie Hayes en la bateria terminan de conformar esta banda. Esta nueva dirección musical es bastante interesante y más que nada es honesta! que más se puede pedir?? www.cherone.com www.myspace.com/garycherone

Leo y Steve me pusieron en contacto con otro grupo magnifico de musicos. Mis panas de la banda de NYC West 8 Five. Puedo hablar horas sobre la musica, lo buena que es, cuanto disfruto tocar nuestras canciones,etc pero de verdad que como personas son excelentes. A veces uno conoce a alguien por un dia y pareciera que fuesen años de años que llevan conociendose. Adam, Felipe y Jeremy me han tratado como familia los ultimos meses y no aguanto volver a tocar con ellos cuando regrese a US. El cd ya esta listo y pronto estará disponible, pero por ahora visiten www.west8five.com y www.myspace.com/west8five

Por último quiero dar las buenas noticias que mi primera clínica de batería fue excelnte! De verdad que no me esperaba ver a tanta gente. Fué en la Universidad Metropolitana de Caracas y no puedo agradecer suficiente a Ruben Garcia, tremendo talento venezolano, a Patricia de la Direccion de Cultura y a todos los que fueron, mis padres, amigos y cualquier persona que se quedó oyendo lo que tenía que decir. Visiten la galería para que vean fotos!! pronto pondré un video!!

peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home