Monday, March 06, 2006

Life Shaping Album # 3 - You Go Now - Chroma Key



This one of those cd´s you hear and think: ¨Man I wish I could have done this cd, I wish this was MY record.¨ Kevin Moore´s production work, musicality and creativeness is stamped on this album. I really cannot describe the type of music... it´s like experimental-ambiance- trip hop-electronica or something... It´s just a fantastic album. Known for his work as Dream Theater´s Keyboardist, their first, he has the technical ability to leave you breathless yet this much more minimalistic work, as observed in his debut solo effort Dead Air For Radios, it´s all about atmosphere and thought. His stuff with DT was incredible and when I found out he quit the band and decided to do his own project I was instantly interested, yet his second release, You Go Now, is one of the coolest records i´ve heard... i just like it a ton.

The lyrics are interesting, they make me laugh sometimes. I can listen and actually have listened to this record over and over and over and over. It has inspired me to be more creative and explore my songwriting. When i play this album all I want to do is close my eyes, relax and just think about anything that is bothering me or anything that is great in my life at a certain moment. He, like Mustaine, writes with some interesting irony and sarcasm. I get hypnotized by the music and I can barely remember what the songs are about... but there are amazing lines that stay on my mind like ¨I found myself back in the bachelor scene, I feel like an astronaut on a submarine¨

The sounds he creates and the choice of samples and weird effects grip your attention right from the start. I also enjoy how diverse the snare drum sounds he picks, and how in one song there are 3 or 4 different snare sounds.

My favorite track on this one has to be Get Back in The Car... great bass line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home