Wednesday, May 24, 2006

David Ellefson ~ Metal Bass Pioneer


There have been many musicians that have influenced my life, career and music. Without a doubt Dave Ellefson is among the top 5. I have been following his career for as long as I can remember and anybody that knows me, regardless of my music nowadays knows that I was obsessed with Megadeth and anybody related to them. Ellefson not only Co-founded Megadeth but was one of the Men responsible for Thrash Metal...

I have been lucky to see him live a couple of times, but yesterday I had the priviledge to meet him and speak briefly to him. It is so cool to meet someone with so much sucess, so many stories and life experiences, gold records. Now it's even better when they are humble, down to earth, inteligent and communicative.

I cannot speak highly enough about him as a musician and even though I spoke to him for 10 mins, i can safely say that as a person he is outstanding.

I am not too familiar with his work with F5, Temple of Brutality but I have heard some of his recordings with Soulfly. He is very open minded and extremely open to new things, new musicians, etc. I hope he is open enough to have some percussion sometime!!

All of his records are amazing, but check out Rust In Peace, Countdown to Extinction and Youthanasia by MegadetH

Peace


traducción pronto...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home