Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Worst Referee Ever...


Wow...

I have seen a lot of fooball matches in my life. Probably 200 a year for the last decade or so, you do the math. I have seen horrible calls by refs, weird plays, unfair decisions, etc etc, but I have never seen somebody destroy a game of such magnitude and basically dramatically end the career of 2 of my favorite players.

As a professional, regardless of what job it is, you must always be aware of the task at hand, the responsabilities you have and above all the consequences of the decisions you make.

This douche bag decided against granting Barcelona a Goal and opted for giving them a free kick and showing a Red Card to Jens Lehmann... possibly the key player , aside from Henry obviously, in Arsenal's season. This guy had over 900 minutes without conceeding a goal... a week bfore he was named Germany's # 1 and we were all expecting to see him have a stellar game. Up until that point he did. Granted, he deserved a card, etc and the rules my merit him a send off, BUT not in a game like that. Everybody knows that... why ruin a game?!?!!!? THAT game?!?! The final everybody dreamt about.

That's what he wanted... he craved attention and he will always be remembered from wrecking what seemed to be one of the most memorable finals in recent Champions League Final.

We were KILLING Barcelona, KILLING them. Thierry was on fire. Freddie Ljungberg proved he has 6 lungs. Lehmann was brilliant, Gilberto solid, Hleb made runs, Fabregas has a few passes and PIRES did very good marking the wide right side. Campbell, Toure and Eboue completely silenced Ronaldinho, the greatest player alive. He was never double or triple teamed, but indiviually he just had nothing against any of them 3 and I can bet my life he has never had a tougher time with 3 different guys in the same game.

Yes it hurt we lost, but I'll get over it. We have a team that can win many CL's.

What i will NEVER forget, NEVER EVER is the fact that this lousy call effectively ended Dennis Bergkamp's hope of even playing a Champion's League. He deserved it, he EARNED the chance, the opportunity to even step on the pitch , even if we were losing 5-0, but he didn't cuz the ref blew it and more defensive players got a run in.

PIRES is a player whom I love and have always supported. His last game for Arsenal was that one, and this ref ruined it. He had to leave the pitch since other players are more defensive, and just ruined anything magical that could've happened... plus it's the kind of game in which he scores.

I cannot believe my last memory of them in Arsenal colors is that specific one. It blows and it actually hurts.

My great friend Igor, the most loyal,and subjective jajajja, AC Milan and Italy fan I know has time and time again been cheated over by refs... he always said: "you just don't understand" and I am sad to say that I completely understand his pain. I don't remember the last time a ref did my team so wrong or made a horrendous call.

If we lose we lose, but make it fair and square. 11 vs 11 Barcelona were just not as dangerous and determined as Arsenal were.

My team showed true heart and determination. We almost beat the best team on the planet with a man down, help from the ref, and and offside goal.

I am extremely proup of my team and attitudes such as Henry's. He was man enough to give credit to the person who deserved it the most LARSONN.

NONE of the barca players said anything about the ref, the calls, NOTHING.

I love barcelona but be serious, show some respect and then move on. How can you not say that the ref blew it? Be a man and at least say: "We were lucky yo get the call, otherwise i don't know if we could've won"

No clapping arsenal's players, etc... i just can't believe it. I expected soooo much more from barcelona players. However my friends that support barca agree with me, all of them. any soccer follower knows what the deal is.

Real Madrid fans clap opponents, the players clap opponents. They congratulate Cesc, they mention Bergkamp, they Hail henry, the same way arsenal players and coaches give credit, even to Man United, BECAUSE THEY DESERVE IT.

Next year fellas! for Bergkamp and Bobby Pires !!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home